Skip to main content

My Summer

 Since being back at school, I have had time to reflect on the busy summer that I had. This summer I spent back at my hometown in Coldwater, OH. Honestly, this summer was not one of the more enjoyable summers of my life. I pretty much worked and worked out non-stop all summer long. This summer I was back at Coldwater Memorial Park, in charge of boys' and girls' youth activities. This also brought on other responsibilities as being a "supervisor" whom other workers came to for help. Since I was at the top of management, I had extra duties I had to complete, which were dreadful at times. Even though I was getting paid a little bit more than the other workers, it did still not work that I wanted to complete. Some days I would be out at work for over 12 hours at a time, which was awful. After work, I just wanted to shower and sleep, but I didn't get the chance to even do that. Since football season was fastly approaching I had to go workout every day which wasn't fun after working a full day. Even though I didn't want to do it, I knew I had to do it to be ready for football season. I did get to enjoy a family vacation later in the summer. Other than that, I really didn't do much other than that. To sum it up, I am very happy to be back at school. 

Comments

  1. I am so sorry that you didn't have a great summer :( and I can totally relate to not wanting to workout but having to prepare for a season. Hopefully you got something out of working that much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coming to an End

 If you are following the football team and our season, you know that this is the season's last week and last game. I am not going to lie, it has been a very long season for us. We are currently 2-7 which is very unfamiliar territory for many players on our team. In high school, I never had a season with more than 3 losses, so this has been relatively different for me.  Even though our record doesn't show it, this has been the closest team that I have been a part of since coming to campus three years ago. In the future, that is what we are all going to remember. We are going to remember the relationships that we formed and that are going to last for the rest of our lives.  Some of the seniors that are graduating have been some of my best friends for the last three years. I actually live with two seniors that are graduating now. As this week has gone on and we continue to do events for senior week, it has gotten to be very emotional. I still don't think it has hit me that so

Bounce Back

The game on Saturday was not fun. If you don't already know we got upset very badly at Musky. I don't think anyone on the team really expected us to lose this game. We had an iffy week of practice, but I don't think anyone really predicted that we would end up losing the game. In my personal opinion, I thought that we were the better team with more talented players, but we just didn't get it done. I felt embarrassed and upset after this game. I was in pure shock. I had a long bus ride home to think about how the game went as a whole and what we exactly did right and wrong. I did a lot of soul searching on the way home and I realized that I have to be better and it starts now.  What is most important now is to bounce back. There is no point in dwelling on this game anymore. There is nothing that we can do about it anymore so we shouldn't think about it. The only thing that we as a team can do is to bounce back. It all starts during practice. Everyone knows the saying

Much Needed Break

 Last week we students here at Ohio Northern University finally got our Thanksgiving break. I talked to many of my friends and classmates around campus about the break and they all agreed with me that this break was very much needed. It has been a long semester for many of us and the break gave us time to recharge and get ready to get through these last 3 weeks of school and do well on our finals before we get a month off for Christmas break. I did many things that helped me relax and recharge over break. The most important thing that I did was SLEEP. It was very nice not having to wake up at 8 am and attend a class. Getting the opportunity to sleep in my own bed and sleep in was so refreshing. It was also good to see some friends and connect with people from back home that I haven't seen in a while. On Friday, I hung out with some of my childhood best friends from home and it was awesome to see them. I haven't seen them in forever and it was great to catch up. On Saturday, I g